KELAB SUKAN & REKREASI COMMERCE DOT COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman - Dark Knight

Go down

Batman - Dark Knight Empty Batman - Dark Knight

Post  e-Zhar Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Filem terakhir Heath Ledger..........

Twisted Evil With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as the Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces the Dark Knight ever closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.

Also Known As: Batman Begins Sequel
The Dark Knight

Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release

Genres: Action/Adventure, Crime/Gangster, Adaptation and Sequel

Release Date: July 18th, 2008 (wide)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.

Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution

Production Co.: Syncopy Films

Studios: Warner Bros. Pictures

Financiers: Co-Financier: Legendary Pictures, Inc.

Filming Locations: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Los Angeles, California USA
Hong Kong, China
London, England UK

Produced in: United States
e-Zhar
e-Zhar

Back to top Go down

Batman - Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman - Dark Knight

Post  e-Zhar Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 am

actually the The Dark Knight doesn't really refers to Batman, in fact i think the whole point of the movie is not about Batman, hence there's no "Batman" in the title.

from what i understand, as a layman, i think The Dark Knight is a metaphor referencing to the value of virtue which is subjective depends on how you defines it. It also explores the dark side of human mind where firm purity doesn't mean it can't be tainted.

I do agree with you that the screenplay is crammed with alot of philosophicalities (if there's such a term) that makes it kinda weird for a comic adaptation movie, but that's what I LOVE about this movie. I love it so much that i already named The Dark Knight as the best movie of 2008 with no contest whatsoever.

It's a genius of the brothers (Chris and Jon Nolan) to steer away from the typicality of comic superhero movie. rather than making Batman kicking everyone's butt with 4 millions gadgets around his belt, they simply makes the main character more humane, focus more on the alter ego (Bruce Wayne) struggle to deal with his rules, principles and the one he loves.

As Batman being one-dimensional, actually that's what Batman really is. Batman is a symbol that supposed to create terror in order to fight evil. A symbol that will create terror in the eyes of the bad guys therefore "Batman" cannot show emotions or empathy. In other words, Batman is not human, it's an entity that fight evil and how you wanna refers it..a monster...a ghost...is not important.

The Joker is what the movie is all about. The Dark Knight revolves around Joker, the arch nemesis of Batman. A psychotic played brilliantly by the late Heath Ledger, is the incarnation of evil in the movie. The Joker is the "evil" that challenge the concept of virtue by testing people humanity reasoning by mentally pushing them to the limits. The Joker believes that everyone has a dark side in them, even the purist of them all, in this case, Harvey Dent, the "White Knight" of Gotham City relentlessly fighting crimes and in the end falls for the "evil seduction" of The Joker. The Joker is totally opposite of what Batman representing. He's extrovert, flamboyant, colorful and "multi-dimensional". Like Batman, The Joker is an entity, which is why he doesn't have any background...he is "absolute".

I wouldn't define The Dark Knight as a superhero movie. Superhero theme is just a medium to carry out the motif. It can be a typical cop/robber/killer type of movie and still be entertaining, but to present it in the form of Superhero and Bad Guys?...that's really elevating popcorn movie to a whole different class.

Batman Begins for me is more to autobiographical, it simply told a story of how Bruce Wayne became Batman, a good movie but The Dark Knight is where Batman really becomes the dark vigilante of Gotham City, in other words, where Batman really become "Batman" and that's what makes it excellence.

and also that's why The Dark Knigt deserves 5/5 sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny from me.
e-Zhar
e-Zhar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum